August 7, 2009

Photo Friday: contest prep

I'm getting some images ready for Holgapalooza. I need to stretch my contest muscles: Gather, prepare, submit. And since I've been in a toy camera frame of mind lately, it seems a good plan to start. I'm not sure I'll be able to use these images because the (only) prize is publication and I don't have releases from these kids. So, I figured just in case I'd share them with you. I'll either submit these under the category of "portrait" or "passion". Probably passion since the idea of travel to exotic places makes me happy.


Both these shots were taken at the holiest of holiest of happiest festivals in Bhutan. My dear friend Ken (see his website in my sidebar) and I attended on our last day in Bhutan. The Bhutanese are required to wear traditional costume during the day and they get out their best and brightest for the festivals. Ken and I dressed in the costumes as well. We had such a good time watching them watch us. I simply wanted to take this little girl home with me.




These two girls had become fascinated by my curls as the Bhutanese have stick straight hair. I could feel them pulling the curls to watch them "boing" back up. They would laugh so hard. Finally after one of the "boings!", I whipped around with my holga and they laughed even harder that they were caught. So sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment